Dr. Jordan Kersten, B.Kin (Hons), D.C., CSCS, FRCms
Certified Neurofunctional Acupuncture Provider
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist
Dr. Jordan Kersten, graduated from McMaster University in 2005 with his Honours Bachelor’s of Kinesiology degree. He then completed his 4 year chiropractic degree in 2009 from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC) in Toronto, Ontario. While at CMCC, he also became a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certified through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), a certification he still holds. Also during his 4th year at CMCC, he completed the McMaster Contemporary Medical Acupuncture Program from McMaster University and has also taken numerous other courses including ART (Active Release Technique (spine)), FAP (Functional Anatomical Palpation (upper limb)) and Building the Ultimate Back: From Rehabilitation to Performance By Dr. Stu McGill.
During his clinical placement, Dr. Kersten worked at the CMCC campus clinic and at the South Riverdale Community Health Center, a CMCC satellite clinic on Queen St. East Toronto, each for 6 months. During this time, he also worked as a Kinesiologist part-time, at a multi-disciplinary clinic in Toronto, under the guidance of a Chiropractor and Physiotherapist, providing and taking clients through many different rehabilitation programs.
Having achieved his 2nd degree black belt at an early age, playing on numerous competitive athletic teams growing up, and working with professional and national level athletes, Dr. Kersten has experience in diagnosing specific causes of pain and dysfunction using functional movement patterns, orthopedic testing, gait analysis, etc. After specifically diagnosing the cause of the pain, Dr. Kersten treats the cause of the dysfunction, not just the symptoms using current evidence-based therapies and manages the patient throughout their recovery into a functional pain-free state. He also consults and conducts personal one on one athletic training sessions.
Articles of Interest
- Honours B.Kinesiology, McMaster University, 2005
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, 2008
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Toronto, 2009
- Certified Contemporary Medical/Neurofunctional Acupuncture Provider, 2009
- Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist, 2013
Member of the:
- College of Chiropractors of Ontario..........www.cco.on.ca
- Canadian Chiropractic Association..........www.chiropracticcanada.ca
- Ontario Chiropractic Association..........www.chiropractic.on.ca
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College..........www.cmcc.ca
- Canadian Contemporary Acupuncture Association..........www.contemporaryacupuncture.ca
- National Strength and Conditioning Association..........www.nsca-lift.org
- Research Review Service.......... www.researchreviewservice.com